LightBeam is a complex of open source (free) platforms that will do everything that we wish to do to meet the LightBeam objectives which are:
- to increase public awareness and access to natural and holistic medicine, known as CAM – complementary or alternative medicine,
- to create community amongst holistic practitioners to share best practices, anecdotal evidence and referrals;
- to foster unity amongst holistic associations, practitioners, and other stakeholders
- to protect the public’s interest and freedom of choice in natural health care, and
- to promote responsible practices and accountability in holistic and natural therapy.
This is implemented through:
LightBeam.Org: General Information and Directory for Products, Services, Practitioners and Educators supporting a Holistic Lifestyle.
LightBeam Community: A niche social network fostering dynamic dialogue betweenpractitioners and users of holistic products and services.
Natural Therapedia – Coming Soon - a Wellness Wiki authored by approved contributors. This is a work in progress and will grow in direct response to your needs and use.
The internet continues to redefine itself and my friend, Athan and I, fledgling webmasters, are staying nimble and light-hearted and learning as we go.
We welcome your constructive input, heads up to glaring errors, and appreciate your patience as we figure this all out.
What’s coming? Pod cast interviews with practitioners, and all sorts of wonderful – and fun – tools. Some of those tools will help you understand and make the most of the internet and your own website.
Contact us: info@LightBeam.Orgg